Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Absence Does Make the Heart Grow Fonder


After twenty-some years of marriage, I find myself missing my husband. Neither of us normally travels for work so our being apart is a rarity. I must say that I did manage to keep myself busy while he was away and I am happy with the outcome. I decided to treat his being away as a way for me to take a free sabbatical. I stopped taking calls, rarely face-booked unless it was to promote my new blog and my writing, I didn't clean, cook, or put on makeup. Over the week I wrote. I wrote over 8000 words.

Next week I’ll work a bit slower and do more editing, but I was thrilled with the progress.

Now, I’m pacing, looking at the clock, cleaning, waiting for the hour when I will see him again. Even though we spoke every night, a phone call is just not the same. I do not know how people manage to maintain long distance relationships. But, I do know that looking forward to seeing someone is a fantastic high!

I don’t think I would ever be this excited for him to come home at the end of a regular workday.

1 comment:

  1. I should add, I also read a great deal - no TV no radio since he's been gone and I started a two new blogs, and updated my resume and generic cover letter, and applied for five teaching positions.

    ReplyDelete