Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

No Time to Rinse

This morning moments after I decided what I wanted to make for breakfast I was forced to reflect on how easy it is to convince myself that I am too busy to rinse the dishes - how quickly I can say - "I'll do this later" as the dishes clone and reproduce like weeds in a garden until I cannot cook until I take care of them. And how once those weeds begin to take over, other items begin appearing on the regularly cleared counter space. Items like groceries, grocery bags, coffee, coffee filters, stuff from the car, and other stuff from projects we're working on around the house. Is this really how I want to live? I had to ask. Do I really want to spend 20 to 30 minutes cleaning the kitchen before I make breakfast? No. Especially when after a meal I need a measly 3 min - that's right 3 minutes - cleaning and getting my beautiful kitchen ready for the next meal. That's about the same time it takes me to make my bed. I would rather be 3 minutes late to work or miss 3 minutes of my favorite television show then let those weeds grow again. I do have time to rinse - no one is that busy! Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment